Special needs children learn well being homeschooled. Resources here for homeschool support, legal assistance, curriculum, plans, and more.
Special Needs Homeschooling Resources
A Different Drum
AN A TO Z ARTICLE
My children, both with special needs, have been stared at, frowned upon, and pitied in their turn, and my home can feel much more like an open battlefield than a fortress at times. By Kerry Jones
At Our Own Pace
This is a free newsletter, but donations are accepted newsletter for home schooling families with Special Needs. To Order: Email Jean Kulczyk: email@example.com or Write to: At Our Own Pace, 102 Willow Drive, Waukegan, IL 60087.
Homeschooling a child with disabilities, special circumstances, unique characteristics, different learning styles, or whatever one wishes to call an unusual challenge, can be done.
by Sharon Hensley
• Do you have a child with a learning problem, and you feel apprehensive about teaching him at home?
• Do you need help locating the best resources for home schooling your child with special needs?
• Do you find yourself confused and intimidated by the professional jargon related to special education?
• Do you struggle with discouragement related to your child’s progress in learning?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, “Home Schooling Children with Special Needs,” will help you.
• You’ll gain confidence to teach your child at home.
• You’ll find resources and guidelines for planning an effective home school program.
• You’ll learn to understand the vocabulary and ideas that you need to make good decisions for your child.
• You’ll discover emotional strength and learn to identify the attitudes that support effective teaching.
Learning Abled Kids’ Poll Data Results
Sandy’s Master’s Degree Project focused on homeschooling children with specific learning disabilities. You will find statistical data stemming from informal polls listed on Homeschooling Listservs.
Folks often ask me to recommend curriculum for their children with special needs. By Kathy Kuhl.
The National Academy for Child Development
NACD is an international organization of parents and professionals dedicated to helping children and adults reach their full potential.
NATional cHallenged Homeschoolers Associated Network
NATHHAN is a Christian organization that offers advice and links for those with challenged or disabled homeschoolers. They can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Needs Homeschooling
Are you homeschooling a child diagnosed with ADHD, autism, a medical condition or a learning disability? Are you a special needs parent? Then “like” our Facebook page and get support, encouragement, and great ideas! Heather is a christian homeschooling mom of 5. Passionate special needs advocate, speaker, reviewer, and writer. Enjoying a wonderful life of an occasional extreme couponer, homemaker, and DIYer.
Teaching Tips for Parents of Kids with Learning Disabilities | PACE
Terri Harmon has a series of three articles about homeschooling special children.
Ten Steps to Successfully Homeschooling Children with Special Needs
If you are a parent of a special child and considering homeschooling, you undoubtedly have many questions and concerns. You’re not alone. By Janie Bowman.