This is a Photoshop template for a homeschool diploma from high school. Click on the graphic or the link to download the full-sized Photoshop file to your computer.
In newer versions of Photoshop, it will ask about updating layers. This is fine, so click whatever means “okay.” Click to see the Layers window so you can edit each segment to suit your your own wording and graphics.
You will need to have Photoshop installed on your computer, Mac or Windows, in order to make use of and edit this document.
You will need to have named your homeschool.
To edit to suit your purposes, download the DIPLOMA.TTF font here first, expand the .zip file, and install in your system’s font directory. You need only one of the font files below, as they are both the same font, and the Photoshop template for a homeschool diploma.
Select A. and one B. Font file:
|B. Compressed .zip file – 32K||or Not Compressed – 52K|
See below on how to install the font, if you need the help.
You may want to create a seal for your diploma or look for reasonable clipart on the internet.
State Seals in Color
Select your state from the list of states.
Parents need to sign the diploma, remember!
Shop for Certificate Paper, Diploma Frame
Look on your favorite office supply website, such as Amazon.
Put “Parchment Certificate” in the search engines on the site. Search for an 8 1/2 x 11″ diploma frame, too. Also, look for “embossers” and “seals” to make an official-looking seal on your document.
Installing the Diploma Font on different Systems
How to install a font under Windows
- Under Windows 7/Vista:Select the font files (.ttf, .otf or .fon) then Right-click > Install
- Under all other versions of Windows:
- If your font is packed inside a zip file just unzip the files you have downloaded using either the Windows Unzip tool or Winzip. (Recommended)Details: Download your zipped font file and save the zip somewhere on your hard disk such as your Desktop, go to the place where it is saved, double-click on the zip to open it, then either click on “Extract all files” or drag and drop the files from the zip window to your Desktop (hold down the CTRL key to select several files at once)
- For the 20th century versions of Windows you must install an unzip tool first.
Note that with the internal unzip tool of Windows you must first drag and drop the font file to a location on your computer (for example on the desktop), then into the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. With Winzip, you can simply install a font using a simple drag and drop of the .ttf from the zip window to the C:\Windows\Fonts folder.
- If you want to try it a different way, browse to your fonts folder. Then click on File > Install a New Font… in the Fonts folder menu then browse to locate your font in the window. Although this method is laborious, it would seem that it functions better in some cases.
How to install a font under Mac OS
Mac OS X recognizes TrueType and OpenType fonts (.ttf and .otf) but not the PC bitmap fonts (.fon).
Files are compressed, you may need an utility like Stuffit Expander.
- Under Mac OS X 10.3 or above (including the FontBook) :
Double-click the font file > “Install font” button at the bottom of the preview.
- Under any version of Mac OS X:
Put the files into /Library/Fonts (for all users),or into /Users/Your_username/Library/Fonts (for you only).
- Under Mac OS 9 or earlier:
The old Mac fonts are not supported anymore at dafont. First, you have to convert the font files (.ttf or .otf) you have downloaded.Then drag the fonts suitcases into the System folder. The system will propose you to add them to the Fonts folder.
How to install a font under Linux
- Copy the font files (.ttf or .otf) to fonts:// in the File manager,
- Go into the /home folder, in the menu select View > Show Hidden Files, you will see the hidden folder .fonts (if not, create it) then copy the font files there.
Other Diploma Resources and FAQs
PDF Diploma to print and then hand write in the custom content.
It’s so easy to get hung up on the whole issue of a high school diploma. The main purpose of a diploma is to document a specific program of study that has been completed at an educational institution. By Barb Shelton.
Frequently Asked Home School Questions – Student Diplomas & Graduation
Though these FAQs are specifically written for North Carolina homeschoolers, many of the answers apply to most other states as well. Such as, “Will a home school diploma be recognized by colleges, the military and the business community?
There are no state or federal laws requiring them to recognize any type of diploma from public schools, private schools or home schools. Each college, each branch of the military and each business follows its own policies on this issue.
However, if the home school is meeting all state requirements for its operation they are usually recognized.”
What About High School Diplomas?
Here is the simple answer – Your own diploma! You can get a GED if you like, or you can use a cover school that offers diplomas, or – Create your own! The important thing is not the diploma, it is the transcript.