We have made it to July!
Summer is in full swing. The temperatures are rising, the pools are full, and fireflies are twinkling at night.
July is full of interesting days to explore science, history, and safety! So, let’s get learning!
Ice Cream Month
Take a break from the heat with some ice cream.
- Learn some ice cream science and make a tasty treat!
- After the ice cream, make sure to take care of your mouth!
Grab your blanket, fill the basket, and go eat outside!
- The best time for a picnic is on a hike! So get out there and hike with your homeschoolers!
Dog Days of Summer
The hottest days of summer are known as “dogs day of summer” but how did that name come about? The phrase is a reference to the fact that the Sun is in the same region of the sky as Sirius during this time. Sirius is the brightest star that can be seen from any part of Earth and is part of the constellation Canis Major, the Greater Dog.
- Learn more about constellations like Canis Major!
- While you are trying to beat the heat with the A/C learn how to be energy smart.
Clean Beaches Week
It is no secret that our beaches get left with lots of trash each year.
- Teach your children about taking care of the earth at the beach and everywhere else.
- Learn about the ocean and how to help take care of it with a marine science unit.
National Moth Week
National Moth Week was created to help others learn about the often overlooked Moth.
- Find out the similarities and differences between moths and butterflies.
- Investigate bugs (including moths) with fun insect activities.
- Learn the history of the American Revolution.
- Find activities to celebrate the red, white, and blue.
- Celebrate your independence as a homeschoolers!
Embrace your geekness day
- Celebrate your favorite fandom!
International Rock Day
Shark Awareness Day
Pet Fire Safety Day
- Practice fire safety at home.
Moon Day/Space Exploration Day
- Learn about all the moon landings with this moon unit study.
- Grab your spacesuit and go on a space exploration.
- Find other space theme ideas to celebrate.
- Being a homeschool parent can be difficult. Remember to take care of yourself!
- Get inspired and learn about working and homeschooling!
International Tiger Day
- From domesticated to exotic, we love cats! Learn more about these purrfect animals with a cat unit study.
Keep the learning going for this month and make sure to come back the first week of August for that month’s Resource Roundup!