BUT what if you just found out about this? What can you possibly do for your project?!
Don’t freak out! There is still time to put together an amazing project for the STEM Fair.
Here are 50 starting questions for a quick two weeks or less STEM Fair Project!
- What types of paper make the best paper airplane.
- How does moisture affect mold growth?
- What paper towel brand absorbs the most?
- Does over-inflating a ball make it bounce higher?
- What’s the best shape for a parachute?
- Can you make a table out of paper and tape that can hold your weight?
- Does glue brand matter when making slime?
- Does spray sunscreen work better than lotion?
- What chocolate bar melts the fastest in a hot car?
- Does a shower use less water than a bath?
- Can you remove permanent marker off different surfaces?
- What temperature do Borax crystals grow the best?
- Does temperature affect how much a plastic bag can hold?
- Can you use solar heat to cook a hotdog?
- Can I protect an egg from a 15 foot drop with just paper and tape?
- How tall of a tower can I make using just paper?
- Can I make something to keep my cats off the kitchen table at night?
- Does temperature affect the stiffness of silly putty?
- Do fruit flies prefer a specific fruit?
- Can I make a structure out of LEGO Bricks to hold a large pumpkin?
- Does temperature affect magnet strength?
- Can I build a boat out of straws and plastic wrap?
- Are bugs attracted to a light’s light or heat?
- Does ice cube shape affect how fast it melts?
- Which appliance in my house uses the most energy?
- Does the size of the pot change the time it takes to boil two cups of water?
- How much energy would be saved if we turned off every electric item for the day?
- Does mint cool down your mouth or just make it feel cool?
- Do different crayon brands melt at the same temperature?
- What color shirt absorbs the most heat?
- Can I use other food to keep apples from turning brown?
- Does temperature affect soda spewing when shaken?
- What type of wood burns the quickest?
- Does salt change how quickly water boils?
- What’s the best plan to get out of your house in case of a fire?
- Do artificial sugars attract ants?
- Can I make a bridge with straws and tape to hold 15 toy cars?
- Does a paper bag hold more weight than a plastic bag?
- Can you pop unpopped microwave kernels?
- What’s the best way to remove crayon from the wall?
- Does saltwater freeze faster than freshwater?
- Can I use household items to decrease static electricity?
- What container best helps to keep ice from melting?
- Can I make a water filter using things around the house?
- Does increasing flour make softer cookies?
- What materials conduct heat the best?
- Does the length of string matter on a tin can telephone?
- How much water evaporates out of my fish tank in a day?
- Can I use water to tell time?
- Does food coloring affect the temperature that water boils?
Grab one of these questions and get started or let these ideas help you come up with something of your own!
After you have your idea, don’t forget to grab your free planning books for science, technology, or engineering to help you set up your project methods. Then when you are ready, go make your project video with the help of our free video planning workbook.
Time is running out! Go get started with that STEM Project TODAY!
The A2Z STEM Fair is sponsored by: