While many of the programs in this homeschool programs section of the site are suitable for children with some disabilities, these programs go out of their way to provide full programs and support for disabled children.
Why do we call these students 3D Learners? We have found this empowering label enables these talented individuals to make dramatic improvements if they are taught to their strengths. These students are often labeled Dyslexic, ADD, ADHD, Attention Deficit Disorder, SLD, Specific Learning Disability, Dysgraphic or Learning Disabled.
Encouragement for Special Needs Families
Homeschooling the special needs child takes a great deal of patience and determination, but most of all – love. Parents of special needs children typically are needed constantly, and even in the best situations that can be draining. It’s important for parents to find ways to connect with other parents and to fill their cup each day before they can pour themselves into homeschooling their differently abled child.
Hadley School for the Blind
An accredited program that offers over 90 distance education courses to eligible students completely free of charge.
Special Needs Education and Time4Learning
When evaluating learning software for special educational needs, you should make sure that it:
- Proceeds at the student’s own special needs pace
- Builds on existing reading, writing and math skills
- Allows placing the child at different levels for math and language arts
- Encourages kids to become active learners through exploration and discovery
- Introduces new learning opportunities in a safe, supportive environment
- Balances learning with fun!