Happy New Year! It is a new year and time for some new homeschool ideas and resources! I have rounded up some to help you start the new year off right!
- Get the kids capturing the world around them with photography!
- Start the new year off with some music! Find free music lessons to help you or your homeschoolers get started!
- Explore the world on a bike! Bicycling is a great hobby and can help keep you healthy!
Get Organized Month
- Keep all your homeschool records and reports organized with these resources.
- Find some tips to help your homeschool planning.
- Teach your children how the library ended up organized like it is with resources on the Dewey Decimal System.
Letter Writing Week
- Have your homeschooler write or email Santa (or Grandma) a thank you letter for those presents!
- Help them work on their handwriting while writing those letters!
Days of Interest:
New Year’s Day
- Create some resolutions to help your homeschool thrive this year!
- Start the spring cleaning early and clean out all that unneeded homeschool supplies.
Science Fiction Day
- Learn about the famous staple of the genre Frankenstein!
- Find some science fiction reading recommendations for your high schooler or yourself!
- Learn about the homeschooling law in Missouri.
- Find Missouri field-trips throughout the state.
- Connect with a Missouri Homeschool support group.
- Learn all about birds in our unit study.
- Find some great info in this older post about hummingbirds! Some great first-hand pics too!
- Did you get some new tech over the holiday? Find some educational apps to help fill it up!
- Give your children the gift of computer literacy! Technology is here to stay so help them navigate their way.
Cut Your Energy Cost Day
- Are you tired of telling your children to turn off the lights? Teach them how to be energy smart with these great resources!
- Learn about the homeschooling law in Arkansas.
- Find Arkansas field-trips throughout the state.
- Connect with an Arkansas Homeschool support group.
- Take some time to learn about chemistry, including the chemistry of milk!
- Experiment with cookies and then have them with a glass of milk with food chemistry!
- Words! Learn more words! Find ways to help your children expand their vocabulary.
- Check back for another resource and FREEBIE for this coming later this month!
- A snack and a lesson? Find that and more with these kid recipes including one all about popcorn!
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Learn more about civil rights with our 20th-century history resources.
Library Shelfie Day
- Head to the library and try some of these fun library activities.
- Need to expand your virtual library shelf? Get some ideas on how to with more library resources.
Seed Swap Day
- Make some seed bombs to celebrate!
- Try some sprouting experiments!
- Learn more about plants and the science behind how they grow.
- Learn about the homeschooling law in Florida.
- Find Florida field-trips throughout the state.
- Connect with a Florida Homeschool support group.
- Try your hand at some logic games.
Inspire Your Heart with Art
- Get creating with art lessons for kids.
- Help your homeschooler with these drawing and painting lessons.