November is here! We have made it to the end of the year! The holidays are approaching and we are all trying our best to keep it all together for these last two months. To help you out, I have a LOADED Everything A2Z: Resource Roundup this month! Grab these homeschool resources and get started.
Aviation History Month
- Teach the kids about flight and aerodynamics.
- Learn about the history of flight and those that made it possible!
Family Stories Month
- Every family has a story. Help your children learn about their family stories through genealogy and talking with family members. You might even discover some funny family stores along the way!
Military Family Month
- How can you homeschool while your family is in the military?
- Connect with other military homeschoolers through military homeschool support groups.
National Native American Heritage Month
- Explore Native American Homeschooling history.
- Learn about the history of Columbus and Native Americans.
- Introduce your children to Native American culture, past history, and current Indian culture.
National Family Literacy Month
- Get everyone in the house reading with these book lists!
- Find a free children’s book online to read. Have a read-aloud family iteracy night!
- Get your preschooler ready to read with these ideas or learn about how reading can happen naturally!
National Novel Writing Month
- November is NaNoWriMo and it is a great time for your children to start writing creatively!
- Give your young authors the references and resources to succeed in their writing.
National Scholarship Month
- Get your highschooler ready to apply for all those scholarships and other financial aid.
World Kindness Week
- Find ways to spread kindness with these ideas.
Dear Santa Letter Week
- Write a letter to Santa. If you celebrate Christmas, this is a great time to have the kids practice letter writing and give them more help with their handwriting!
Geography Awareness Week
- Start large and learn about world geography.
- Give the states a try with United States geography.
- Grab some simple maps and let the learning start!
National Game & Puzzle Week
- Find some cool games for kids.
- Put some educational games on your to-buy list! We have some recommendations for foreign language, elementary grade, and prek/kindergarten.
- Get ready for that road trip to grandma’s house with some fun car games.
Days of Interest:
National Ohio Day
- Learn about the homeschooling law in Ohio.
- Find Ohio field-trips throughout the state.
- Connect with an Ohio Homeschool support group.
Daylight Savings Time
- Are you ready to fall back! This is the perfect time to learn about all things related to time and daylight saving history!
National Candy Day
- Grab some candy for some sweet science experiments.
National Parents as Teachers Day
- Parents are the best teachers. Celebrate and remember to take care of yourself!
- Know that we are in this together and with a few tips we can stay sane while homeschooling.
National STEM/STEAM Day
- Get ideas for STEM education with these science, technology, engineering, and math ideas!
- Find a STEM Fair project that you can do in a few days.
National Louisiana Day
- Learn about the homeschooling law in Louisiana.
- Find Louisiana field-trips throughout the state.
- Connect with a Louisiana Homeschool support group.
America Recycles Day
- Need some manipulatives? Recycle and reuse for some cheap and easy ones!
- Help protect the earth with some recycling ideas!
- Model how recycling is done at the garbage dump with an edible landfill.
National Fast Food Day
- Teach your children about nutrition in fast food and encourage them to cook their own food!
National Button Day
- Do you know how to sew a button? Get some sewing lessons for the kids and maybe yourself!
National Indiana Day
- Learn about the homeschooling law in Indiana.
- Find Indiana field-trips throughout the state.
- Connect with an Indiana Homeschool support group.
National Take a Hike Day
- Go take a hike! No I mean it, grab the kids and get out there.
National Play Monopoly
- See the ideas for National Game and Puzzle week.
World Television Day
- Use the television to help you homeschool with these lessons based on TV and movies.
National Adoption Day
- Can you homeschool a child you have adopted or are fostering? We have the information to help!
- Get ready for turkey day with some fun Thanksgiving ideas galore!
- Find some arts and craft ideas to celebrate the holiday.
Electronic Greetings Day
- Embrace technology and send Grandma a text message!
- Help your homeschoolers learn email etiquette and send messages to the family.
- Find an email penpal.
- Teach your children to take care of those teeth with the science of taste, teeth, and voice.
National Mississippi Day
- Learn about the homeschooling law in Mississippi
- Find Mississippi field-trips throughout the state.
- Connect with a Mississippi Homeschool support group.
Keep the learning going for this month and make sure to come back the first week of December for that month’s Resource Roundup!
Don’t miss out on all our upcoming goodies! We have gift ideas for your homeschooler, holiday fun ideas, and more coming up. Sign up for our newsletter to keep updated!