Back again to help your homeschoolers learn about STEM!
We are thrilled to announce that we are back with year two of the A2Z Online Homeschool STEM Fair! We want to help you get your homeschoolers motivated and learning in a fun way AND possibly win prizes!
Online Homeschool STEM Fair 2020
We can’t wait to see what STEM projects you bring this year but we don’t want you to do it all alone. We are here to help! Use the items below to help you get started with planning and brainstorming your STEM project.
|FAQs About The STEM Fair||Free Get Inspired Workbook||Important Dates To Remember|
FAQs About The STEM Fair
Want more information about the STEM Fair? We have answers to common questions below to help you figure out who it is for, what you can do, and how you can enter, and how winners will be picked.
What is a STEM fair?
What is a STEM fair project?
STEM fair projects are projects based on the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math. For the purpose of our STEM fair, we will be dividing the projects into the categories of science, technology, and engineering (math can be found throughout all of those). Students are encouraged to be creative and design, build, and experiment with topics that interest them. We want to challenge homeschoolers to be original but, above all, LEARN!
All STEM fair projects must start with a question or problem.
Your project must follow the scientific method!
Research ->Hypothesis-> Design Experiment->Data Collection->Analyze Data-> Conclusion
Your project must follow the coding process!
Your project must follow the engineering process!
We will have more information about each of these options in the upcoming weeks. Bookmark the Online Homeschool STEM Hub to have all the resources released in one easy to find location.
What ages can enter?
Any homeschooler K-12.
Groups will be divided into (K-3) (4-8) (9-12)
Can more than one child enter as a team?
Yes! However, we will place your team in the group of the oldest member. If your team wins they will receive the prize to share.
Can my children enter individually?
Yes! Each homeschooler can enter, however, they must have their own project.
How will you present your project?
Your project video will be uploaded to our site. Your presentation will need to be 3-5 minutes long.
During your video you need to address these items:
- Your initial question.
- How you proceeded with your specific STEM process (see processes above)
- Your finished product, conclusions, data etc.
- What did you learn during this process?
- What changes would make if you were to do this again?
- What part of your project was the most fun?
Last year brought in great homeschoolers with amazing projects! Check out the winners from 2019 below!
How will your project be judged?
- View the rubrics we will be using for the initial scoring by our site judges Oct 3rd.
- The top choices from the judging round will then be voted on by the homeschooling public on A2Z from Oct. 12-30.
- All participants will receive a participation certificate (perfect for the homeschool portfolio) and prizes to be announced!
Free Get Inspired Workbook
Are you ready to get started?! We have a free Get Inspired Workbook to help you start planning your project! This workbook will give you examples of each type of project and then help you draft your own plan. Grab your free download below!
Important Dates to remember:
We wanted to make sure that you and your homeschooler have plenty of time to plan, perform, and record your project. Below are the important dates to remember as you work.
- Accepting Entries August 17th, 2020- October 2nd, 2020.
- Initial scoring by our site judges October 3rd, 2020.
- Top choices from judges will be voted on by the public on A2Z from Oct. 12th-30th, 2020.
- Winners announced November 8th, 2020.
Do you have a question I didn’t address above? Feel free to leave me a comment below or send me an email and I will get it answered!
Are you interested in being a sponsor in our Online Homeschool STEM Fair? Send us an email to find out how you can get involved!