Summer is coming! The sun will be shining and the temperatures will be rising! Many families will be heading to the beaches, pools, or amusement parks to enjoy the season and make some memories. While those summer activities are great, here are some other great events across the U.S. that you don’t want to miss.
The homeschool year may be over for you but that doesn’t mean that you stop thinking about homeschooling. Attend one of the many homeschool conventions are happening this summer!
- HEAV Homeschool Convention
- June 7th-9th
- Richmond, Virginia
- This convention is the third largest homeschool convention in the nation. It features great speakers, over 150 workshops, a used curriculum sale and more!
- California Homeschool Convention
- June 14th-16th
- Ontario, California
- This convention provides great speakers, engaging workshops, and homeschool information for all homeschoolers
- CHEA Con
- June 28th-30th
- Pasadena, California
- The Christian Home Education Association hosts their 35th convention this year. Enjoy keynote speaker, a homeschool graduation ceremony, great workshops, and used curriculum sale.
- AFHE Convention
- July 13th-14th
- Phoenix, Arizona
- The Arizona Home Education Convention gathers around 5000 attendees every year. Find inspiring speakers and homeschool workshops at this event.
- Missouri Homeschool Convention
- July 19th-21st
- St. Charles, Missouri
- Enjoy great speakers, engaging workshops, and homeschool information for all homeschoolers
Family Friendly Festivals
Enjoy family time! Festivals are a great way to enjoy the season as a family. While there are many festivals going on, not all are family friendly. Try one of these kid-approved ones instead!
- Kidz Jam (kid section of Bonnaroo)
- June 7th-10th
- Manchester, Tennessee
- This festival is known for a music and art extravaganza but did you know it also as a dedicated children’s section? The Solar Stage features kid-friendly music, crafts, and fun for parent and kids to enjoy.
- Life Outside Festival
- June 9th
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Learn and try out activities that you can do outside! Take part in some of the free activities (tree climbing, kayaking lessons, bird watching, rock climbing, stand up paddle boarding, nature crafts and activities for kids, walks and bike rides throughout the day, gardening and yoga) at this fun festival.
- Nickelodeon’s SlimeFest
- June 9th-10th
- Northerly Island, Chicago
- Music, Nickelodeon stars, activities, and lots of slime makes this a festival for easy kid fun.
- Northern California Pirate Festival
- June 16th-17th
- Vallejo, California
- Enjoy some pirate-themed fun with this festival. Learn about historical pirates, find some treasure in the marketplace, take part in cannon battles, and more!
- Square Roots Festival
- July 14th-15th
- Chicago, Illinois
- Musical fun for all ages. This festival provides activities to get the whole family interested in music. Investigate instruments in the instrument petting zoo, explore art in the art tent, and check out the swing set drum kit!
- 4 Peaks Music Festival
- June 21st-24th
- Bend, Oregon
- This family-friendly music festival provides fun for all ages. Enjoy good music, open areas, and fun activities.
- The Smithsonian Folklife Festival
- June 27th-July 1st, July 4th-8th
- Washington D.C.
- This festival (established in 1967) celebrates cultural traditions from all over the world. Enjoy the educational experience and take part in traditional dances, recipes, songs, crafts, and more.
- The Great Texas Mosquito Festival
- July 26th-28th
- Clute, Texas
- Celebrate the summer with this fun Texas festival. This three fun day festival has games, food, rides, and plenty more for the entire family to enjoy.
- Kidzapalooza (kid section of Lollapalooza)
- August 2nd-5th
- Chicago, Illinois
- Enjoy music for all ages, a craft station, petting zoo, hip-hop workshop, and more.
National Park Events
National Parks are a fun learning option for activities during the summer months. Many parks host informative walks, interactive classes, or historic celebrations. Find something fun close to you with the National Park Service Event Calendar.
If none of our above events fit close to home there is always a standard summer favorite, the state fair! Watch musical acts, learn about animals, shop local artisans, try local foods, and enjoy the thrill of the rides. Find your state fair information and plan your trip!
Get out and Have Fun!
Pick something fun for your family to attend this summer. Remember that even though it is summer, the learning doesn’t stop. Go enjoy the conventions, festivals, park events, or fairs across the U.S. and make some family memories to last a lifetime.