Grades Covered: Pre K – 12
Religious Affiliation: None (Individual classes may have different religious views)
Complete Curriculum: No
Record Keeping: No
Outschool is an online learning platform unlike others. This class marketing platform connects live students safely with live teachers to provide small group instruction in real-time on real subjects that are interesting and engaging.
The Outschool platform offers one-time classes, on-going subscription clubs, semester-long core classes, and fun extracurricular classes like art, dance, cooking, and much more. Currently Outschool hosts over 100,000 live classes to choose from, all conducted in small groups over Zoom by independent teachers. Outschool classes are available to various levels of students and on various different topics.
Some examples of the types of classes on Outschool:
- Python Programming for Beginners
- Making Upcycled Doll Clothes
- Introduction to Piano
- Easy Korea Cooking 101
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Financial Literacy for Kids
- Harry Potter Reading and Writing Workshops
- Pokemon Fraction Frenzy
- How to Draw Cats
- American Girl Cooking Club
- Hands-on Astronomy
- Cake Decorating
- Stranger Things: Creative Screenplay Writing
- Lego Master’s Club
- Into to Card Magic
- Elementary Explorers: Rocks, Fossils, and Crystals
- Photography for Kids
- Introduction to Cultural Awareness
- Farts, farts, and MORE farts!
- Make A Movie: Lights, Camera, Action!
- High School World History
- Stop Motion Animation for Beginners
- Little Singers: Weekly Vocal Music Classes
- Minecraft Biomes
- Forensic Science
- Strength & Stretch for Dancers
- Fortnite Fun- Identifying Grammar
- Introduction to French
- Hand-On Linear Algebra
- ASL for Beginners
Classes are taught by vetted and approved teachers who consist of professional educators, artists, scientists, and inspired adults with the expertise to share on a variety of topics.
In addition to the learning, Outschool provides a social component with small classes and video interactions.
Learner safety is a high priority for Outschool. To ensure your homeschooler’s safety, Outschool is open to students ages 3 to 18 only. Adults are not permitted to take Outschool classes. Outschool also provides a learner code of conduct to help keep all students safe.
- Outschool’s live virtual classes allow for student engagement and social interaction that provides the ability for students to ask questions and get feedback in real-time, something that isn’t available in strictly pre-recorded video lessons. This is a great option for the homeschool parent who needs help teaching a specific topic or to give your homeschooler a different face.
- The variety of classes and clubs means that there is a class or club for everyone. There are classes for beginners, intermediate, and advanced learners, as well as tutoring and extracurricular activity classes. I love the niche topics that can really help get your homeschoolers interested (Minecraft, Fortnite, Pokemon, LEGO). If your children love it or want to learn more about it, there is a class on Outschool for them!
- Online safety is a huge hurdle for homeschool parents and ALL parents. Outschool’s vetted instructors and small group class sizes allow for a safe online learning environment for your homeschoolers.
- Flexibility is one of the biggest perks of homeschool, and flexibility is key in the Outschool platform. Classes are offered at various times and days, so there are classes available for everyone.
- Homeschool costs are another concern. The curriculum options out there can be expensive. The price point of the various Outschool classes makes these attainable for the majority of homeschool families, even those with multiple homeschoolers. The cost is also minimal enough that these Outschool classes can work great as homeschool extra learning or funschooling!
The Outschool platform is free for all to join, and classes start out at the low price of $5. The general average for most Outschool classes between $5-$15.
Outschool classes are backed by a Happiness Guarantee.
- Full refund if parents stop or withdraw from a class subscription within 24 hours.
- Full refunds for parents stopping an ongoing subscription within 24 hours of auto-renewal.
- Full refund if the teacher cancels in advance of the first meeting time.
- Full refund or the ability to reschedule if a teacher misses a one-time class meeting.
- Full refund if the teacher changes the date for a time before the class’s start date.
Additional prorated refunds are also available for certain conditions.
Financial aid is also available to families in need by visiting Outschool.org
Top 5 Things We Like about Outschool
- The variety of classes available on various topics.
- The affordability of classes with most falling between $5-$15.
- The interactive teaching experience through Zoom.
- The flexibility in learning.
- The social component with classes.
Outschool is part of our
Written in paid partnership with Outschool. All opinions are our own.