I am starting something new to help inspire your monthly homeschooling. The first week of every month I will be pulling together a resource roundup for that month!
I will highlight the normal monthly themes, pull in the fun days for the month, and save you time by having it all here and ready for you!
So without further ado…
Everything A2Z: Resource Roundup for May!
May is generally the month we start to wrap up the school year, sort through the used (and sadly unused) curriculum, and start to make plans for the next year.
May isn’t just all about wrapping it up and moving on the days of summer. Check out these other ideas for this month.
United Inventors Association of the USA, the Academy of Applied Science, and Inventors’ Digest magazine started this monthly recognition of creativity and inventions.
- Encourage your young inventors to become an engineer!
- Take a look at great inventors of the past.
- Find fun invention/inventor resources on our Pinterest board.
National Teen Self-Esteem Month
Encourage your teen to be their best self and develop a strong self-identity.
- Help your homeschooling teen make healthy choices.
- Connect with other families homeschooling teens to discuss ideas and get support.
5/4 Star Wars Day
- Find activities to celebrate May the Fourth on our Fandom Pinterest Board.
5/11 World Migratory Bird Day
- Learn more birds with a unit study!
5/12 Mother’s Day
- Learn how to deal with mom guilt.
- Find out if you are a Real Homeschool Mom.
- Remember to take care of yourself.
5/19 National Endangered Species Day
- Learn about wolves and the species that are endangered.
- Try this cat unit about the small cuddly house cat and large endangered kind as well.
- Fish can be fun to learn about, keep as pets, and eat but some are dying out.
- The ocean is full of interesting creatures but sadly there are many that are on the endangered list.
5/26 National Paper Plane Day
- Learn all about flight aerodynamics and airplanes with paper planes!
5/29 Learning About Composting Day
Keep the learning going for this month and make sure to come back the first week of June for next month’s Resource Roundup!