We have made it to June! Summer is moving in quickly, and it is time to enjoy the sun. Do you need some ideas to get the summer started? Find some cheap summer fun that won’t break the bank or try your hand at summer camp at home.
Remember, summer learning is important! So no matter if you are planning on taking a break, homeschooling on, homeschooling for just the summer or even unschooling for the summer check out these ideas for this month to keep the learning going.
Get outside and enjoy nature!
- Plan your outdoor adventure.
- Take time to enjoy the stars while you are outside!
- If camping isn’t your thing, but the kids would enjoy it, find a summer camp!
National Safety Month
The National Safety Council established this is 1996 to help spread the message of safety and decrease accidents and death across the United States.
- Enjoy your summer safely with these three key summer safety tips.
- Help your family learn how to be safe online, in disasters, outdoors, and more with these safety lessons.
- Encourage your teen to drive safely by learning proper car maintenance and the rules of the road.
Zoos and Aquariums Month
National Zoos and Aquariums Month is celebrated annually to recognize the role of zoos and aquariums in education, recreation, conservation, and research.
- Take time to learn about animals that you might see in a zoo or aquarium before your visit.
- Take a field trip to a zoo or aquarium near you!
World Environment Day
- Help your child learn how they can help the environment!
- Learn about climate change and how is it changing the Earth.
Sewing Machine Day
- Break out the needle and thread and learn to sew with these easy lessons.
World Blood Donor Day
- Donate if you can! If you can’t learn all about blood and how the circulatory system works.
- Gets ideas on how to teach your children to be happy and healthy on our Pinterest Board.
National Photography Day
- Learn all about photography and the camera then have you homeschooler try their hand at it.
- Celebrate dad today with homeschool dads talk.
World Music Day
- Find free music lessons for your homeschoolers.
- Learn about homeschooled musicians.
- Make your own musical instruments.
Paul Bunyan Day
- Read about myths and legends like Paul Bunyan with this folklore and fables from around the world.
Keep the learning going for this month and make sure to come back the first week of July for that month’s Resource Roundup!